Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sea Glass Beach


Look at all that beautiful glass!! There is a beach in Okinawa, up near Camp Schwab, that has the BEST sea-glass.  Now, you do not get as big of a thrill when you find a piece, but it is still a great place to go if you need LOTS of glass. Sea-glass beach is also a great place to find sand-dollars.  During certain parts of the day you can find tons.  I like going at low tide when you can climb around the rocks a little better.  They tend to be laying right in the sand banks near the rocks. 
I like to fill different containers and decorate with the glass.  I have also begun drilling the glass and making jewelry out of it.

One of my decorative containers of Sea-glass

Not only do I collect glass now, but I collect sea-pottery too.  The husband and I have a running joke now that everything we pick up on the beach is a "sea-something." That is not trash....it's a sea-flipflop. Look!...it's sea-plastic or sea-cans.  Everything is "special" and better if it has sea in front of it, right?? Haha! 
Some beaches have more than others, but here are some of the treasures I have found in my years living in Okinawa. Enjoy :) 
A little sea-sponge










That's us, all the way out during low tide at Sea-Glass Beach



The boy; having fun in one of the tide pools we found during low tide. Just inside that little pool we saw some great "Dori" fish--as we call them. Thanks Finding Nemo. 

The girl and the boy with a couple friends in the awesome tide pool



Good place to find Sand dollars















No comments:

Post a Comment