Monday, May 9, 2016

Countdown to Texas

I am going to try blogging.  I tried once before and it never went anywhere.  Maybe this time it will work.  I want a way to document the move my family is about to make.  This is our countdown to Texas. 

We have been living in Okinawa, Japan for the past 6 years.  Leaving this island is going to be hard.  It is a great place to live, and honestly I am a bit scared to live in the United States after being in this small-town, safe, environment.  There is a laid-back island style here, and I am unsure if I am ready for the hustle and bustle of the US.  That said, I am excited about going home at the same time. 

Texas is not really "home", but there is the saying "home is where the military sends us", and that saying applies here.  We are going to Texarkana, Texas to be exact.  We have to leave Okinawa in about 50 days and then we will be homeless for at least a month.  Hopefully we will find a home before our month is over, otherwise we will be homeless even longer. 

This blog is my attempt at documenting this experience of moving across the country and reintegrating into American society.  I might post about things I will miss in Japan, maybe some of the things that I am doing up until we leave, and certainly all the adventures we have when we return. Hopefully as I get more comfortable with the blogger website I will bring some entertaining content to the table blog.  

One of my favorite pictures from Okuma (I'll be sure to post about this place soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment