Thursday, May 19, 2016

Delicious Pork Chops



     I would love to show a picture of my delicious pork chop, but it was eaten before I was able to snap a picture.  If I knew how awesome these chops would turn out I would have documented the journey.  
     I am honestly only posting this now so that I have a record of my recipe in the hopes that I can recreate it another day.  The recipe is going to be approximate because I was not measuring. I just threw some stuff together and it worked. It REALLY worked.  My 9 year old ate two whole pork chops.  It was the last one on this very plate that I tried to snap a pic of before he ate it all, but I was too late.  This is the only proof that remains, so you will just have to believe me when I say this is a recipe worth trying. 
     A little background first---I was going to cook all the chops this way, but my daughter did not want hers in the pan.  So I decided I would just experiment with four of the boneless chops.  They are not super thick either, but I imagine you would just adjust the cooking time if you wanted a thicker chop.  In the future I will be cooking the whole family pack this way, and I will only put about four chops in my pan at a time.  That seems to be the perfect number.  Not much crowding.  The pan was a Paula Deen 12" round, deep, skillet.  

Ingredients

4 boneless, thin (maybe 1/2" thick) pork chops
1 egg
Splash of milk
Approx. 3/4 c. crushed french fried onions (the stuff you put on green bean casserole)
Approx. 1/4 c. powdered Kraft Parmesan cheese ( I know....fancy)
Approx. 3/4-1 c. Kellogg's crushed corn flakes
Dash of onion powder
Dash of garlic salt
Dash of pepper
Olive Oil 

Recipe

Mix egg and milk together in one bowl and set aside. 
Mix dry ingredients together in another shallow bowl, and set aside. 
Place oil (thin layer) in your pan and turn the heat on to about 6-7
Take each chop and dip it into the egg mixture, then press it into the dry mix. Coat both sides with the dry mix and then place each chop into the hot oil. 
Fry the chops for about 4 minutes and then flip. Cook for about 4-6 minutes longer--depending on how thick they are. 
Take them off the heat, see if they are cooked all the way (sadly I have to do that because I am NOT good at cooking pork, which is probably why I am so surprised these worked out)


That is it.  These were so delicious and I will be adding them to our dinner menu again.  I will be sure to come back and update with a picture of the food next time. If you try this out and like it, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment